Wednesday 19 October 2011

Life is great at the French Riviera


Last week was again overloaded with sunshine. I took the liberty to go off-line, get the motorbike out to discover new areas; it is really stupid but I’ve never been further down the coast road then Cannes. With 70 km per hour and my All Stars and the sea at my feet, I steer with my hips like a dancer around every corner; left, right, left, right and after each turn I am rewarded with an amazing view. The sea looks gorgeous, the rocks impressive and the whole coastline feels different; a bit Spanish or Portugese. I've never been here before; I am hungry as always and restaurant Happy Days offers paĆ«lla and a glass of wine for 9 euro 95. You do not have to be a millionaire to feel like one. And the food was lovely and so was the day that strolled further being close to perfect. The sand on the beach was clean, the sun was warm and I took a dive in the sea before driving back to Cagnes sur Mer. With sand in my hair, my shoes and in my trousers I drove back with a big smile on my face. Life can be great, sometimes you just have to drive a little bit further to discover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment